Sunday, May 5, 2013

We're in Chile!

We have arrived in Chile!  It was a quite a long plane ride, but I managed to sleep through most of it.  We were served two meals on the plane, and even the food there was good.  When we were out of the clouds and able to see Chile, it was absolutely stunning.  I couldn't help but to stare at the mountains in awe, and whip my camera out to take fifty million pictures of them.  We paid the fee to get into the country, went through the passport check, and finally went through customs.  Taxi drivers warmly welcomed us to Chile, and we were so excited to be reunited with Jorge and meet the Chilean students. After all this, we still were not out of the airport, as each of us had to withdraw cash.  While we were waiting, we chatted with the Chilean students.  At last we left the airport, slept through another bus ride, and made it to our hotel.

Dinner was absolutely fantastic; the Chileans were so nice, and the food was absolutely delicious.  I am trying to be very open minded for this trip, because I am not the biggest fan of Mexican food, but we decided on a place called Taco Bar.  I got what was in English the "pretty pan," which was chicken, bacon, mushrooms, and cheese on a tortilla.  When we left, we didn't go back home like I expected.  We took a sightseeing trip to the park and beach, which was gorgeous.  It was interesting to see all the vendors, and there were clowns that were stopping cars and pestering people.

Today was a great start to our Chile trip, and I can't wait for all our activities tomorrow!

One of my first pictures of Chile!
Our lovely little room


No comments:

Post a Comment