Saturday, May 11, 2013

Libre!


Today, thankfully, was a free day.  Sleeping until noon was a beautiful thing, as we have all been pushing ourselves to see and do absolutely everything.  We constantly find ourselves reminding each other, "We only have two weeks in Chile!"  When I finally woke up, Brendan, the Kelseys, and I went to the market to grab some more water and the made a stop for coffee.  The place was absolutely adorable, smelled fantastic, and had John Mayer playing nonstop.  Can it honestly get any better than that?  We had our coffee and ate some cookies, and went back to the hotel to meet the others.  We went back out again to actually grab something to eat, and ended up going to nice place where you split the food among the table.  I totally went against that trend and got my own sandwich, which was thick bread with steak, bacon, and cheese.  We paid and left the restaurant, got some more money out at the McDonald's, and headed to the beach.  I visited practically every gift stand, browsing all the handmade pieces.  It is so pretty by the beach, as we passed a number sand sculptures and the sun was starting to set over the ocean.  On the way back, we realized that we totally took the long way to the beach; you only need to take two roads with one turn.  Usually I am pretty good with direction, but here I only ever follow people around, hoping they know where they are going.  Upon arriving back at the hotel, we found that all the people who did not come with us were sound asleep.  Morgan, Jess, Kelsey, and I talked in our room, and soon I will be getting ready to go out with Chileans again.  Tomorrow is our second free day, and I believe a bakery tour is planned for the morning! 

The coffee shop we visited in the morning

More of the delicious Chilean food


No comments:

Post a Comment