Monday, May 13, 2013

Still Chillin' in Chile

Lazy free day, round two.  This morning I awoke to the cleaning lady at the door, so I was forced to wake up and go to the sunroom.  In desperate need of a shower, I sat around on my computer, uploading pictures and hardcore Facebooking.  Finally when our room was cleaned, I sprinted to the shower so I could get something to eat with everyone.  We ended up eating at an Italian Place called "Elena's," so naturally I was excited that it had my name.  Although it was extra hard to understand our waiter (we had to ask several times for a menu), when our food finally came it was absolutely delicious.  I got raviolis with meat, and as per usual we asked for extra "pan."  After leaving, we went to the boardwalk, passing the restaurant that we were planning on eating at for dinner.  There I found a cool fork ring that I have been showing absolutely everyone.  Coming back from the beach, we got dressed up to go to a very nice dinner at Tierra del Fuego, the place we saw earlier.  This restaurant had glass windows everywhere, and our group had the whole second floor all to ourselves.  Our group got a big seafood appetizer, which had everything on it-- shrimp, squid, scallops, oysters, and crab.  Then came the main meal, and I got "King Crab Spinach Lasagna."  It was literally the best thing.  Even though I was full as anything at that point, I still made room for dessert, as we got a sampler of all their top selling items.  My personal favorite was the chocolate lava cake, but all of it was good (except for the flan).  After the meal, we walked back to the hotel and had another group meeting.  Brice and Jorge explained that we had our presentations to look forward to tomorrow, as well as a soccer game with Chileans.  Everyone then worked on their presentations, and we have a movie in Brendan and Matt's room planned for the rest of the night.

The beautiful restaurant we ate at

King Crab Spinach Lasagna with wine

Dessert sampler!

No comments:

Post a Comment